Led by Nicolas Heslop (pictured), Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council is one of the top-performing councils in the country. Here are twelve good reasons why you should vote for your Conservative Council candidates on 7th May:
- We have secured £3.3m of financial support for our rural communities, £850,000 to attract new businesses and jobs, £4.36m to improve Junction 4 of the M20 and to enhance Tonbridge High Street, significant investment to improve local rail stations including improvements to accommodate new HS1 services at Snodland.
- Over 500 affordable or shared ownership homes have been provided in the last 4 years. Our housing policy puts local people first when allocating new homes.
- In Tonbridge & Malling 90% of waste collected is made into energy or recycled, and just 10% of waste is sent to landfill.
- We are financially supporting a feasibility study to support east-facing slips at Junction 5 of the M25 to reduce traffic congestion and to improve air quality along the A25 through the communities of Ightham, Borough Green and Platt.
- Work with the Police and others in tackling anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse and substance misuse.
- Over the last 4 years Tonbridge & Malling made over £500,000 worth of grants to over 200 community groups and provided financial support to 20 town and parish councils, enabling them to maintain services and amenities.
- We keep over 400 miles of road clean each year.
- We empty over 4,500 wheeled-bins of green waste every normal working day.
- Tonbridge & Malling provides and maintains a range of outdoor leisure facilities including: sports grounds in Tonbridge, Leybourne Lakes Country Park, Haysden Country Park, Tonbridge Skate Park, children's play areas and public open spaces. Leybourne Lakes and Haysden each hold the Green Flag Award, which recognises the best green spaces in the country.
- The Council supports a range of arts and music events such as the Tonbridge Arts Festival, Music in Malling, Tonbridge Carnival and Christmas Lights festival, Heritage Open Days and summer concerts.
- In these times of austerity, Tonbridge & Malling has made £2.8m of budget savings through sharing back office services with neighbouring authorities whilst making no cuts to frontline services.
- Easter and summer activity programmes for age 4-11s at 13 venues, where children can thrive, learn and develop skills while having fun and making friends.
It's a great record of achievement - leave nothing to chance, vote for your Conservative Council candidates on 7th May.